- Process development for the production of recombinant proteins, viral vectors, viruses, and stem cells
- Process development for the production of bioplastics, biofuels, and enzymes for environmental applications
- Mathematical modeling of cellular metabolism and bioprocesses
- Cell culture imaging
- New methods for separation/purification of biological fluids
Current Research Projects
- Process development for the production of a CO2-capturing enzyme.
- Process development for the purification of an influenza vaccine.
- Development of a new method for blood serum fractionation.
- Development of a blood serum-free and feeder layer-free environment for skin cells culture (keratinocytes).
- Development of methods/algorithms for stem cell imaging (project in collaboration with Dr. Carl Duchesne).
- Design of a bacterial metabolic model from genomic information.
Tools and Expertises
- Mass spectrometry, analytical and preparative chromatography, cell culture robotics, automated imaging.