- Functions of extracellular nucleotides with an emphasis on inflammation and inflammatory bowel disease. Focus on intestinal epithelial cells and monocytes/macrophages and neutrophil’s functions. Control of smooth muscle contraction by extracellular nucleotides.
Current Research Projects
- Production of a recombinant soluble form of a protein as a potential treatment for -inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Treatment of IBD with specific antagonists.
- Extracellular nucleotides and pathogenic determinants in inflammation
- Extracellular nucleotides and the control of smooth muscle contraction
- group grant submitted at NIH: “Engineering Human T Regulatory Cells with Chimeric Antigen Receptors Targeting NTPDase3 on the Surface of β cells for Type 1 Diabetes Control.
Tools and Expertises
- cDNA immunisation for polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies.
- Biochemistry and enzymology of ectonucleotidases.
- Pharmacology of nucleotide (P2) receptors.
- Models of inflammation in mice such as DSS, T cell transfer, air pouch.
- Plateform of Ab production : https://www.crchudequebec.ulaval.ca/services/anticorps/presentation/
- Selling of Abs to ectonucleotidases : http://ectonucleotidases-ab.com