Current Research Projects
- Optimization and industrial scale-up of bioplastic production in bioreactor.
- Optimization of the pigment production process in bioreactor.
- Development of the nanobody production process.
- Optimization of the fermentative process for the production of bioactive peptides and their downstream processing.
- Optimization of the concentration and drying process of probiotic bacteria.
- Development of a microbial growth stimulant for the production of biomolecules of pharmaceutical interest.
- Development of an antimicrobial coating for wood treatment
Tools and Expertises
- Fermentation in bioreactor (laboratory scale 1L to pilot scale 700L)
- Downstream treatment of ferments (tangential filtration/continuous centrifugation technologies)
- Development and optimization of spray drying and freeze drying processes
- Monitoring of enzymatic activity
- Analytical monitoring of ferments: Nitrogen (kjeldahl), Protein (Bradford/SDS PAGE), Organic carbon (TOC), Sugars and organic acids (HPLC), Alcohol (GC)EN version