The Protein Science in images contest guidelines
The aim of this image contest is to promote PROTEO members’ research. Images submitted (e.g. electron microscopy images, protein structures, photos of a bioprocess) to this contest will be used to promote research on all aspects of proteins in PROTEO’s internal communications and on the internet (website, linked In, twitter). All participants in PROTEO’s Protein Science in images contest are also invited to take part in the Science exposed competition.
Competition and Application Deadlines
The deadline for submission of applications is Wednesday, January 10th , 2024 at 5:00 pm.
Results will be announced in January 2024.
- PROTEO graduate student members and research associates are eligible to participate.
- All photos submitted must be the original work of the contestant.
- The contestant grants PROTEO, free of charge, a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license, without territorial or material restrictions, to use, reproduce, represent, publish, communicate to the public in any media and format, including by telecommunication, modify, alter, transform or adapt the material for non-profit purposes.
- The contest organizers reserve the right to withdraw from the competition any content considered inappropriate.
- A principal entrant may submit up to 3 images to this competition.
- Complete the entry form and send the multimedia production(s) as indicated on the form.
Images will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Quality of popularization for access by the general public
- Visual quality
- Ability to illustrate the research project
The principal candidates who submit the three photos selected by the evaluation committee will win a monetary prize of $500 for first place, $300 for second place and $200 for third place.
How to enter
Please complete the entry form.
Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org using wetransfer.com.
The file name must contain the name of the principal candidate and the title of the photo.